Foreign countries emigration USA United States

Tips for emigrating to the USA
Tips for emigrating to the USA

The United States of America (USA) is the third largest country in the world. Its history goes back to more than 14,000 years ago, but the important part for us Europeans began around 1,600 with the immigration of the English and Dutch. Today almost all cultures are represented in the 50 federal states.

The mixed history of the USA even means that to this day there is no legally defined national language, although English is, judging by the facts, the “main language”. When we think of the United States, the New York skyline, the Las Vegas gambling den or the endless beaches of Miami come to mind, but there is much more to discover in the land of “unlimited possibilities”. United States civilization has only been settled there for a century, so the multicultural country is a perfect place to emigrate.

Health and Culture

Since the USA shares almost 9,000 km of land border with Canada, there are certain geographical similarities, such as the Rocky Mountains, large expansive land and forest areas and untouched nature reserves such as Banff National Park. Unfortunately, the US health system was almost twice as expensive as the German one in 2015. The Obama Care introduced with Obama was supposed to be repealed by US President Donald Trump, but has not yet been abolished.

Work and economy

In 2016, the United States was the largest economy in the world, and it also had one of the top ten highest gross domestic products per capita. Although Donald Trump is not a free trade deal person, there are still measures and declarations that make trade possible. E.g. the USMCA et al. That also makes the USA a stable economic system.

Stay in the USA

You can travel to the United States without a visa. The person concerned must send a request as to whether he is allowed to enter. If the request is not confirmed, the ESTA still has the option of an electronic entry visa. The conditions for a stay in the USA are as follows:

  • You are a tourist or a business traveler
  • Stay max. 90 days
  • You have a ticket to leave the USA within the next 90 days
  • You come from a country participating in a Visa Waiver Program (Europe, etc.)
  • You have a valid biometric passport


Permanent residence also requires a visa (immigrant visa). This permanent residence permit is called a permanent resident card, also known as a green card. This enables work and permanent residence in the United States. It is easier to get a green card if you have loved ones or fiancée in the USA.

Your inquiries are handled by (USCIS) U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services or verified by the (NVC) National Visa Center.